We Are Committed To Our Social Responsibility!
At City, we strive to be an environmentally-focused company, committed to a greener workplace. We have many successful initiatives aimed at minimizing our impact on the environment.
Eco-Friendly attributes that decrease our carbon footprint:
- Onsite recycling bins for paper, plastic, aluminum cans and ink cartridges. A commitment to use technology (email, virtual catalogs, etc.) instead of paper where applicable.
- Big Ass Fan® operates on same amount of energy required for a 60 watt bulb, decreases heating/cooling cost, creates air circulation for increased associate comfort, eliminates lint and condensation floor hazards
- Ecologoic3 Octron T8 Lamps provide thousands of dollars in energy savings yearly.
- ENOROC energy procurement and conservation program uncovers significant energy savings, often without the need to invest significant capital, leading to persistent energy cost and emission reductions
- Physical/Chemical Wastewater Treatment Center produces additional water reuse as well as treats all water to above EPA standard before returning to local water supply.
- Hanger recycling at its peak was nearly 14,000 hangers recycled weekly reducing the amount of waste and supply cost.
- The workhorse of our processing facility is a high tech, environmentally friendly continuous batch washing machine. This equipment is designed to produce up to 4,500 pounds of clean textiles per hour. It is the ultimate in water reuse. The operation uses a contra-flow system that is efficient in its consumption of water (1.6 gallons per pound of laundry), chemistry and energy. The entire system is managed by technology that not only controls the use of all utilities but confirms delivery of all chemistry to insure complete process control. From soiled textiles to laundered and dry textiles the system is totally automated and provides both reliability and accountability of quality in the process.
City feels strongly about investing and participating in community events and programs, especially those in communities where our employees and customers live. Among other initiatives, we routinely hold and support charitable events within our facilities and provide our employees a charitable match program to support their own work within the community. Organizations that have a special place in our heart:
Coats for Christmas
Coats for Christmas of Hancock County originated from the vision of City Dry Cleaning owner, Paul Kramer. In 1987, Kramer developed and launched a service project to provide a warm coat to those in need regardless of financial circumstances.
The Braden Kramer Foundation
The Braden Kramer Foundation was established to honor Braden’s fight against Cancer by raising funds that will positively impact those in our community affected by Cancer.
United Way of Hancock County
The mission of United Way of Hancock County is to “measurably improve people’s lives.”
A Customer Merchandise Donation Fund also supports our customers and their charitable efforts.
City Dry Cleaning offers free Pick Up and Delivery Service to your home or office. City services, Findlay, Tiffin, Fostoria, Carey, Ada, McComb, Bluffton, Perrysburg, Toledo, Pandora, Arlington, Port Clinton, Kenton and Arcadia in Ohio. Call us today or check out our drop shop locations athttp://www.citydrycleaning.net/drop-shop/ to get your service started!